Advancing Canadian Satellite Earth Observation Analytics
Our mission: To enable Canadian industry, academia and government to embrace the new era of satellite Earth observation analytics using cloud and high-performance computing environments
What is GEO Analytics Canada?
GEO Analytics Canada is a cloud native, open platform for Big Data geoscience that can be customized and deployed in your own cloud or HPC infrastructure
What makes GEO Analytics Canada Different
- GEO Analytics Canada platform showcases how you can address the big geospatial data challenge
- We provide cloud computing and geospatial analytics expertise to support you to develop your solution that is owned by you
- GEO Analytics Canada platform is built from the ground-up to leverage the power of cloud computing
- Cloud geospatial involves more than simply migrating desktop apps to the cloud
- GEO Analytics Canada platform can be installed on a wide variety of cloud computing providers.
- We can pursue hybrid and multi-cloud architectures that exploit pre-existing distributed data stores, such as Landsat and Sentinel data
- Can use only Canadian data storage and compute resource to fulfill Canadian privacy laws which require data to be kept in Canada.
- GEO Analytics Canada platform enables you to develop your own algorithms and systems in Python
- Scale processing dynamically and massively using industry standards such as Kubernetes and Docker
- GEO Analytics Canada platform is a starting point towards an open architected, distributed ecosystem approach
- Your platform should not require all data and tools to be centralized in one place – data and processing resources can be distributed
- GEO Analytics Canada platform supports the key tenants of open science
- “openness, transparency, scrutiny and traceability of results, access to large volume of complex data, and the availability of community open tools”
- Uses only Canadian data storage and compute resource.
- Supports Canadian organizations that are required to fulfill Canadian privacy laws which require data to be kept in Canada.
- A new Earth observation publication was released this month, developed for the Scientific Technical Advisory Panel (STAP) of the Global …
- One of our goals at GEO Analytics Canada is to develop an approach to utilize Kubernetes to process and store …
- The Society for Ecosystem Restoration in Northern BC (SERNbc), BC Government, and Hatfield completed a systematic analysis of landscape disturbance …
- At the GeoAlberta 2019 conference in Red Deer, Alberta (Nov 13 & 14, 2019), Jason Suwala made a presentation titled …
- Jason Suwala gave a presentation titled “Advances in satellite EO data analytics for aquaculture” at the Aquaculture Canada 2019 conference …
What we’re reading
- The Group on Earth Observations (GEO) Virtual Symposium 2020 will …
- The Landsat series of Earth-observing satellites has been continuously acquiring …
- Audit finds error could mean less data flows to users …
- The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) has published the outcomes of …